Position: Administrative Assistant / Community Concierge
Location: GBCC Office (IronTek) with time at events and member locations
Status: Non-Exempt, Part Time (20 hours per week)
Reports to: Executive Director
The mission of the Greater Beloit Chamber of Commerce is to engage with member businesses, to advocate for their success, and to enhance the Greater Beloit community.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
Excellent oral and written communication skills, computer skills, organizational skills, ability to manage time and volunteers, ability to work with members, committees, and staff. Valid driver’s license required.
The Administrative Assistant will provide support to the Executive Director and other GBCC staff in all administrative duties. Including but not limited to the duties listed below.
- Manage the Community Concierge program, provide interactive community tours, assist with recruitment efforts, and encourage relocation, provide relocation resources, and work alongside investor companies.
- Management of membership database.
- Attend all GBCC board meetings and record minutes. The Administrative Assistant will also assist with preparing meeting documents as well as any after meeting follow up tasks (i.e. board book).
- Attend any other committee meetings as needed by the Executive Director. Each GBCC employee receives at least one committee assignment.
- Attend all GBCC Ambassador meetings and assist with registration.
- Schedule Member visits for Executive Director.
- Cultivate and maintain an extensive knowledge of all Chamber programs, services, initiatives and activities
- Support membership retention and recruitment by assisting with administrative duties associated with this effort. This will include but not limited to: calling on past due accounts receivable, processing new and dropped members, putting together prospective and new members packets, mailing welcome letters, etc.
- Manage the daily office activities including welcoming visitors, answering phone calls, scheduling conference room space, ordering food for meetings and ordering office and marketing supplies, promotional items, etc.
- Attend most GBCC events and programs and assist with registration, set-up, wrap-up, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with all forms of social media preferred.
- Able to succeed in a highly collaborative, team-based environment.
- Have excellent organizational and time management skills yet remain flexible and adaptable to changing priorities. This person should be a self-starter with effective follow-through skills.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Aimee Thurner, Executive Director
Greater Beloit Chamber of Commerce
NO PHONES CALLS PLEASE