We strive to provide an opportunity for future community leaders of diverse backgrounds and interests.
Work together to gain knowledge and business acumen, skills in building community, and an expansive, professional network with others necessary to assume leadership roles in the rapidly changing public, private and non-profit sectors.
The Leadership Development Academy is comprised of individuals, businesses and organizations interested in positively impacting our communities by providing a personal and professional empowerment experience for aspiring leaders.
LDA Board Members
- Tracy Bliss, Data Dimensions
- Katrina Bird, First Community Credit Union
- Matthew Bosen, Visit Beloit (Treasurer)
- Joel Chappelle, Nowlan & Mouat (Chair)
- Dan Cunningham, Forward Janesville (Ex-Officio)
- Mark Freitag, City of Janesville
- Jim Hartwig, ANGI Energy System (Secretary)
- Jake Hess, Johnson Bank
- Joe Jimenez, Lamar Advertising
- Jennifer Johns, Mercy Health System
- Colleen Koerth, Blackhawk Technical College
- Jennie Krajeck, Lamar Advertising (Past-Chair)
- Joe Rose, Town of Beloit (Vice-Chair)
- Linda Ross, Ross Designs and Services (Executive Director)
- Aimee Thurner, Greater Beloit Chamber of Commerce (Ex-Officio)
- Dana Simmons, School District of Janesville
- Kathy Wynes, Mercy Health System
Class is full this year.
New application will be available in March of 2020.
Facilitated by Dave and Adam Podeszwa
D.L. Podeszwa & Associates
Professional development and training that applies content, adult learning methods and participant interaction specific to the key competencies of effective leadership, including:
- Providing effective work direction to others
- Managing conflicts that arise in the workplace
- Fostering teamwork and problem solving
- Interviewing, selecting, and onboarding new employees
- Coaching employees to reach, and sustain, higher levels of performance and job satisfaction
Who Should Attend
Supervisors, managers, team leaders potential supervisors and more. Business leaders who:
- Are accountable for managing one or more individuals.
- Are new to their leadership position.
- Have never received formal leadership training.
- Are managers seeking foundational tools and/or a refresher course on the skills and techniques for effective front-line and middle-level leadership.
- Live or work in the Greater Beloit, stateline region including Rock County, Rockton, Roscoe, Clinton and beyond.
Program Design and Performance Improvement Assessments
This skills development and performance improvement program is taught in a classroom setting, delivering 10 interactive course modules over a 5-month period.
It utilizes an effective range of learning experiences and processes, including assessments, instructor-led presentations, group discussion, case studies and assignments to help transfer learning back to their jobs.
Series Assessments Include
- Leadership Competency Assessment (Self and Manager’s Perspective)
- Team Performance Profile
- Personal Inventory of Needs
- Development Action Plan
- Social Styles Profile
- Time Management Assessment
- Conflict Management Assessment
NEW SESSION STARTING SOON!