The event will also feature a panel of local business leaders, a special message from our new superintendent, Dr. Stanley Munro, and special moderator, Kurt Bauer, from Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce.
- 7:30am – 8:00am: Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 8:00am – 10:00am: Keynote Speaker, Panel Discussion
- Tim McKevett — President and CEO, Beloit Health System
- Dr. Tina Salzman — Executive Director, Hendricks CareerTek
- Mike Reader — President, Precision Plus
- James Otterstein — Economic Development Manager, Rock County Development Alliance
- Rob Hendrickson — Director of Engineering & Maintenance, Frito-Lay – Pepsico
- Along with a special message from Dr. Stanley Munro, Superintendent, School District of Beloit.
- 10:00am: Closed Q&A discussion with keynote speaker, Ted Abernathy (optional)
- $10 Students
- $15 Adults
About the Speaker:
Ted has 38 years of experience in directing local and regional economic development and workforce development programs and later directing a leading economic policy thinktank.
Economic Leadership LLC, is a small group of data and policy nerds that is currently working with a diverse group of public and private clients to develop state and local strategic action agendas, identify best practices, apply data analytics, and reimagine the future. Over the past five years Ted has worked on close to 100 projects including designing an innovation ecosystem for a new science city in Kenya, producing an annual Home of Future Thinking conference, and creating a new company that assesses and improves group leadership.
Born in Dallas, NC, Ted received his bachelor’s degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; his master’s from Johns Hopkins University, is a graduate of the Economic Development Institute and is an Eisenhower Fellow for global economics.
Trends Shaping Our Future – The pace of change is accelerating and the impacts will be felt by every industry and every community. We will review the local impacts of technological disruption, urbanization, demographic shifts, and the war for talent. Only by tracking trends and anticipating tangents can you prepare for the future. This session will highlights the trends that are certain, and discuss how emerging technologies, changing consumer expectations, and how we get and process information will impact Beloit’s future competitiveness. We will finish with the “so what” question. Knowing something is great- but knowing what you can do about it is the difference between success and failure.
Deadline to RSVP: Fri, Aug. 23, 2019
RSVP Online or contact Verena Jones
Contact Aimee Thurner