What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is the disease caused by a virus strain that began spreading in people in December 2019.
Health experts are concerned because little is known about this new respiratory virus, and it can cause severe illness and pneumonia in some people.
- The COVID-19 virus was first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China.
- The COVID-19 virus is not the same as the coronaviruses that commonly circulate among humans and cause mild illness, like the common cold.
- Formerly, this disease was referred to as “2019 Novel Coronavirus” or “2019-nCoV.”
Beloit Free Covid Testing May 15-22
Resources for Business
- Coronavirus Response | Rock County, Wisconsin
- WI Economic Development Corporation – Small Business 20/20 Program provides grant funds to approved community development financial institutions (CDFIs). Approved CDFIs will award grants of up to $20,000 to their existing loan clients to assist with cash-flow challenges resulting from COVID-19.
- U.S. Department of Labor COVID-19 Resources & Guidance
- Internal Revenue COVID-19 Tax Relief FAQ
- Center for Disease Control COVID-19 Info
- County of Rock Public Health Department
Resources for Small Business
- Facebook Small Business Grants – Facebook is offering $100M in cash grants and ad credits for up to 30,000 eligible small businesses in over 30 countries where we operate.
- (NEW) U.S. Small Business Administration Loans Available Through the Cares Act (See downloadable/printable PDF below)
- SBA Lender Institutions
Resources for Non-Profits
- United Way Blackhawk Region Covid-19 Action Fund – a fund to help 501( c ) (3) organizations in the Blackhawk Region affected by COVID-19. Donate here. Complete application here.
- Stateline Community Foundation COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund
- Coronovirus Funding For 501(c ) (3) Nonprofits (Below)
Considerations For Employers, Employees
- WI Department of Workforce Development COVID-19 Unemployment Insurance FAQ
- WI Department of Workforce Development COVID-19 Worker’s Compensation Info
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Greater Beloit Business Support Group Amid COVID-19
- IDES IL Department of Employment Security COVID & Unemploymet Benefit FAQ
- IDES IL Department of Employment Security Federal Stimulus & Unemployment FAQ
- State of Illinois Coronavirus Response
- Illinois Department of Public Health – FAQ, Daily Press Release, Governor Pritzker’s Orders & Rules, Health Care Providers & Facilities